Tehsil Municipal Administration Sadiqabad
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Rahim Yar Khan was created as a separate administration district in 1943 (during the days of the British Raj. The district derives its name from its headquarters - the city of Rahim Yar Khan. The previous name of this district was Nowshera which was built as a castle in 1750 by Fazal Elahi Halani on the ruins of the ancient Pul-Wadda during Sumra rule in Sindh. In 1883, Nawab Sadiq Khan-IV of Bahawalpur renamed it after his son Rahim Yar Khan.

Rahim Yar khan was declared as a separate administration district in the year 1881, the Railway Authorities desired to change the name of railway station in the name of a town called Nowshera situated in Peshawar district. Consequently in 1881 to avoid any confusion because of similar nomenclature, Nawab Sadiq Khan-IV of Bahawalpur changed the name of the sub-division Nowshera after the name of his first son crown prince Rahim Yar Khan.


 

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 TMA Sadiqabad, Pakistan. All rights reserved.